Sunday, February 5, 2012

A favorite place

One of my favorite places in the world is Cannon Beach, Oregon.  Every summer since I can even remember, my family would make the trek from our hometown in Washington to the Oregon coast for a few days to spend at the beach.  We had close friends that lived nearby that we would visit, and we'd play in a beach volleyball tournament in Seaside.  It was a great summer vacation for a young girl who grew up in a place that was infested with tumbleweeds.


Cannon Beach was always my favorite because it was a peaceful place.  The beach is extremely beautiful, and offers solitude when needed - never overcrowded, never too loud, almost like a hidden paradise.  I often think of the beach if I'm having a stressful day or just need a happy memory.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Job.

    Please change your comments to "moderated" in the settings menu.

    only post the comment you choose.

    thanks...cg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kristin,

    Nice photo! I always wondered about the name "Cannon Beach." I found this link interesting!

    http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/PARKS/cannon_photos.shtml

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin when I saw you picture it brought me right back home, thank you. I grew up in Oregon and my special place is our beach house in Lincoln City just a bit south of Cannon Beach. I hope that you get to return soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too did not know how significantly the villages in the north have been affected by climate change. It was interesting to learn more. I enjoyed your input on the topic.

    ReplyDelete